[Pw_forum] Problem of XCrySDen launching
Jeffrey De Lile
2013-10-08 14:59:50 UTC
Dear XCrySDen users and developers,

I am still struggling to install and launch xcrysden software. First I installed latest version of xcrysden : XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static
?However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then? I reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.

./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't open /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh

Please someone help me how to solve this issue.?
Thanks in advance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi.
Do you need this version? You can use the compiled package (binary package).

Best regards.

Luis

Post by Jeffrey De Lile
Dear XCrySDen users and developers,
actually this is not the mailing list for XCrySDen! it is here:

It is of little help for you, but I also failed many times in
compiling, or even installing precompiled binaries, of XCrySDen:
there is invariably something that is missing. The only way I
found to have xcrysden installed was to update my PC to the
new stable debian version, then "apt-get install xcrysden":
it works great!

P.
Post by Jeffrey De Lile
I am still struggling to install and launch xcrysden software. First I
installed latest version of xcrysden : XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static
However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then I
reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time
after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files
such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was
relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have
already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.
./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't
open /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh
Please someone help me how to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222
Lorenzo Paulatto
2013-10-09 15:11:14 UTC
Post by Jeffrey De Lile
However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then I
reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time
after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files
such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was
relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have
already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.
./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't open
/home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh
As already said, this is not the XCD mailing list.

However, this looks like a possible conflict of variables between
different versions of xcrysden. Clean up the hidden file $HOME/.bashrc :
remove every possible reference to xcrysden, then reboot your computer
(or at least the session) and try again

cheers
--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto