[Pw_forum] Too many r-vectors?
Eric Germaneau
2011-06-27 10:50:39 UTC
Dear QE users,

I recently my self consistent calculations have crashed (pw.x) with the
error "too many r-vectors".
I did not find the meaning and how to avoid it.
Well, I guess it has something to do with real space vectors but that's it.
So, I may need your light here.
Thank you,

?ric.
--
/Be the change you wish to see in the world
/ --- Mahatma Gandhi ---

Dr. ?ric Germaneau <mailto:germaneau at gucas.ac.cn>

College of Physical Sciences
Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Yuquan Road 19A
Beijing 100049
China

/Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments
Why? See: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html /

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
dear Eric Germanea
one place where this error can occur is in the calculation of the
direct ion-ion interaction.
the error means that the you have too many atoms (>50) in the
close neighborhood of some of your atoms. it's quite an unlikely
situation for a stable structure.
are you studying a system under extremely high pressure with a
very low cutoff ?

stefano
-
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS
SISSA Webmail https://webmail.sissa.it/
Powered by Horde http://www.horde.org/
Eric Germaneau
2011-06-27 17:42:28 UTC
Dear stefano,

Well, I'm relaxing random structures actually.
So, what you said makes sense to me.
I have to avoid this citation.
Thank you,
Best,